Monday, June 3, 2013

The Best Memories come from Bad Ideas!

"Today I want you to ask yourself a question.  WHY NOT YOU?  Why not you to do something for work that you love?  Why not you to have a healthy body?  Why not you to have healthy love? Why not you to be, have, or do anything you ever dreamed?!  We are so Quick to think others are deserving over ourselves.  The truth is that we are all deserving SO WHY NOT YOU?!"

                                                                                                                      -Jillian Michaels

The day I read this quote it was as Jillian was talking directly to me.  Now I hope to pass it to YOU.

Though I was unaware of it, this journey which I am inviting you on, started back in July 2010 in Taos, New Mexico at the trail head in the Carson National Forest, Trail 90.  At the same moment I was boldly and over confidently, which is a huge understatement, setting forth to conquer the highest peak in New Mexico (13,161 ft) an opportunity had found me.  I was not looking to change my lifestyle or my inner self; but change it was a coming.

       This is a photo of the WOLFPACK taken on the way down of the epic fail to get to Wheeler Peak.
                                                         (Mark, Giovanni, and Alex)

The above photo is the definition of the title of this post.  The Best Memories come from Bad Ideas!

It was 4th of July weekend and we were having a great 3 day weekend, which we went whitewater rafting on the upper Rio Grande River and did some site seeing in the Taos area.  One of the rafting tour guides told us about the scenic and awesome views on the trails to Wheeler Peak.  Well, as the great adventurers we thought we were decided over dinner that night we would tackle this "HILL" they call Wheeler Peak.  Boy were we wrong!
Stay Tuned, it gets worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment