Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lesson One "Too Much of a Good Thing is BAD!!"

Ok, where were we.  Oh the stroll up a "HILL".

After dinner we drove around to figure out where we needed to start in the morning.

Scouting out the evening before.
Yes, the one in the far background 
 After roaming allover the Taos area asking the locals for directions we located the Taos Ski Village.

Taos Ski Village at the Trail Head.
Like any great adventurers we made a trip to the local Wal-Mart to get supplies.  This was a very interesting trip to Wal-Mart.  I have lived in South Louisiana my whole life.  July is one of the hottest months of the year.  It took Mark and Alex the better half of our trip to convince me I need to buy a jacket because it would be chilly up there.

Now we need rations.  Alex logically grabs beef jerky, nuts and water.  Mark stocked up on trail-mix, M&Ms, and water.  I grabbed the essentials,  loaf of bread, sandwich meat, two bags of chips (to share of course), water, and the all important nutritious gummie bears x3 (not to share of course).  Another 20 minutes of "INTENSE FELLOWSHIPING" and we walked out of Wal-mart with beef jerky, nuts, M&Ms, three cases of water, chips, and the all important nutritious gummie bears x4 (one extra to share).

We get back to the hotel and start packing.  Of course I pack the biggest bag I had with me and successfully filled it up.  I smartly packed two flashlights, night vision goggles, camera, compass, water, chips, gummie bears, handgun, batteries for flash light x10, batteries for night vision x6, extra ammo x3 boxes (50 rounds each), a change of clothes, hotel toilet paper x2, hotel towel, and Wal-Mart bags to carryout trash.  In all about 60-70 lbs of stuff for a ONE DAY hike.  Keep in mind this was just my bag.

With all this gear packed I left no room for common logic. This comment will make more sense when you read tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment